Monday, November 22, 2021

September & October Wrap Up/ November TBR

 So, it has been a while huh?! This is the longest I have ever gone in the last 11 years of blogging without posting.  I swear I have an excuse but in reality blogging has just been taking a back seat to the rest of what is going on in my life and I might be okay with that.  I do have a question for you all though, I am very seriously considering not having my Advent Reads event. I usually post about a holiday themed book every day in December but I am debating letting that commitment go and only posting a couple of times a week.  Please let me know if you want me to keep Advent Reads a thing, it is very doable but I just need to know if I need to start scheduling posts now or if I can scatter them a bit more.  Anyway, I am getting a bit ahead of myself and need to start back with wrapping up the past 2 months.

We will start with my main challenge this year . . .

TBR Books Read:
I have been doing a pretty darn good job on balancing my reads and making sure I get in some of those old TBR books. In the past 2 months I have read a total of 7 books and DNFed/unhauled another couple! It has actually been really nice to see progress on my TBR list and I am really looking forward to seeing the number that it has dropped at the end of the year!
  
 
 



I DNFed & Unhauled at least these and a few more I forgot to note:
 



2021 Books added to TBR & Read:
I still haven't gotten to the point where I read every book as it comes in but I did manage to read a good chunk of the new books I have picked up throughout the year.  I read 11 of the new additions to my TBR so again, super happy with the balance of my reading.

 
 



 





Other Recent Additions:
I did end up picking up 13 new books in the past month but am kind of pleased that I only have these 5 still to read and I have plans to read 3 of them this month. So while I am not quite evening out reading books as they come in, I feel like I am still in the negative balance with my TBR.
 
 
 








In other reading I am tracking this year, I read . . .

Re-Reads: - COMPETE-
Goal: Re-read 15 books
I have continued really enjoying re-reading old favorites and diving back into worlds I loved years ago. I will definitely be continuing to re-read more often!



Borrowed Books:
Goal: Borrow 30 books
27. Guest


Books Over 500 Pages: - COMPLETE-
Goal: 10 books
Thanks to Tome Topple I managed to squeeze in a bunch more chunky books. I still have a couple more I would like to get in this year but honestly if it doesn't happen, I am super happy with this number.
11. From Blood & Ash (613)
13. Midnight Sun (658)



Requested Reviews: 
 Reading Stats:
I read a total of 30 books these past 2 months.


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read that TBR: Not quite 10 books off my TBR this time around according to this but I know I pulled a couple others off my TBR shelves to donate. - CHECK
2. Re-Read More: I am absolutely loving re-reading books lately and I feel like it has also distracted me from all the beautiful new books out so win-win! - CHECK
3. Purchase Less & Read More: So I still have more books coming in than I would like but over all I think I am still reading more books than I am purchasing so again happy with that - CHECK
4. Keep Trying New Genres/Authors: I haven't been venturing out as much as I would like but I have definitely tried a few new to me authors and a couple of genres I don't read much of so am again happy with this progress. - CHECK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


November TBR
So I am super late getting this up and I have already read many of the books on my TBR but I am going to list them anyway . . .

For TBR books: 
Dear Santa *read


From the Library:

For Re-Reads:
Two Towers *read

Recent Additions:
Her Christmas Gift *currently reading
The Christmas Sweater * currently reading


ARCs:
Local Star *Currently reading
An Eggnog to Die For *currently reading




So that is definitely a super ambitious TBR for a busy November but luckily I am already more than half way through the books. Unfortunately now I need to get to reviewing a bunch. I have a bunch of reviews that I need to get up and I am still debating whether to do my Advent Reads this year, I kind of want to keep the tradition going but I just don't think I will have the time to get all those reviews done and posted, let alone all the reading! So please give me your opinions, if anyone even still reads these posts.




2 comments:

  1. Angela! My friend! It is good to see a post from you. I started blogging again as well.

    It always feels good to see the number on the TBR list go down. It doesn't happen to me often, but I love it when it does.

    I want to read more holiday books during December, so I have a few lined up.

    As far as your Advent December goes, I'm am good with whatever you choose. It is your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Kami! So glad to see you back in the blogging world, it has been quite since you left. I will have to come take a peek at what you have been up to.

      It has taken a lot of work and self control over the past year to probably only get that TBR reduced by only 50 or so books but progress is progress right?!

      Don't fill your holiday list up quite yet ;) have a bunch of new holiday books to share. I decided to go forward with Advent Reads since by the end of November I had already read 18 books for it. I just have to write the reviews and get the posts up, but I am working on it!

      Delete