Monday, March 15, 2021

Mystery Monday: Tailing a Tabby by Laurie Cass

  Welcome to a brand new feature series here on Eastern Sunset Reads!

In the mess that was 2020, one exciting thing that came about is my discovery of Cozy Mysteries.  Yes, I knew they existed before but I never had a desire to pick one up but last year I ended up reading 17 of them! Clearly they have become a regular thing for me to pick up and it is such a vast genre that I can't wait to dive into more of them.  So Mystery Monday has become a thing and will be a (at least somewhat) regular thing here.  So stop by on Mondays to see my reviews of new books I have picked up, new releases, chat about sub-genres and lots more.

Read for: Borrowed Books/ Audio Books & Enjoying the series

Previous Books in Series:

Synopsis: "In the bookmobile, librarian Minnie Hamilton and her rescue cat, Eddie, roll out great summer reads to folks all over the lake town of Chilson, Michigan. And when real-life drama turns deadly, Minnie makes sure justice is never overdue.
 
The bookmobile is making its usual rounds when Minnie and Eddie are flagged down by a woman in distress. The woman’s husband, a famous artist, needs emergency medical care. After getting him into the bookmobile, Minnie races the man to the hospital in time…but his bad luck has only just begun.


After disappearing from the hospital, the artist is discovered slumped over the body of a murdered woman. Minnie knows that her new friend didn’t commit the crime, but the evidence paints an unflattering picture. Now this librarian and her furry friend have to put the investigation in high gear and catch the real killer before someone else checks out."


My Review: The first book in this series was what began my interest in Cozy Mysteries but I think I took too long to get back to this book. It took me a while to place all the characters again. I also found that it took quite a while to build up to the mystery part and it didn't feel like much time was spent on it. I would possibly read this series just for the book mobile and small town personality contemporary type book but the mystery part just felt disjointed for me. As I said it may have been because I took too long between books, so I am going to give it another shot and try to get then next book from the library in the very near future.

My Rating: I really struggled with this one. It felt like the mystery part of this book was more of a side plot instead of being the main reason for reading the book. I do love the idea of the bookmobile and of course anything with a cat I am all for, so I will be giving the next book in the series another chance.  For now I give this one a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment