Sunday, February 21, 2021

Middle Grade March Sign Up & TBR

 I am so excited to see one of my favorite reading challenges from last year back again, Middle Great March Readathon/Challenge.  I came across this challenge on one of my favorite Youtube channels, Life Between Words.  You can check out this year's Readathon announcement in her video HERE or her co-host's, Krista at BooksandJams, video HERE  and Amanda from The Curly Reader, Video HERE for all the exact details but here are the basics:



The Readathon runs from March 1st - 31st
The goal is to read as many middle grade books throughout the month of March as you can or like. 
There are a few live videos throughout the month on Instagram that you can find details for in their videos.
You can also use the hashtag #MiddleGradeMarch on Twitter and Instagram throughout the month

And of course there are some challenges:
1. A Book with SILHOUETTE on the cover 2. A Book with a strong FAMILY (or found family) 3. A Book featuring a JOURNEY or ADVENTURE 4. A RETELLING (or book with a fairytale vibe) 5. A Book written (or set) in the DECADE YOU WERE BORN

There is also a Group Read book:




So how about my TBR for the month:
Besides the books listed below for each challenge I also have a small stack of books I want to pick up as well.  
Munchkin & I will be listening to The Wild Robot Escapes and My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish together

For the challenges I will be using:
1. A Book with SILHOUETTE on the cover - Ground Zero, Booked and The Skeleton Tree 2. A Book with a strong FAMILY (or found family) - The Sea in Winter, Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry and Granny Torelli Makes Soup 3. A Book featuring a JOURNEY or ADVENTURE - A book that I picked up during last year's Middle Grade March - The Voyage to Magical North 4. A RETELLING (or book with a fairytale vibe) - This is a book on my TBR for last year that I didn't get to - Argos: The Story of Odysseus as told by his Loyal Dog 5. A Book written (or set) in the DECADE YOU WERE BORN - I was born in the 80s and have 3 potential books on my TBR - Kiki's Delivery Service, Hatchet or Matilda

I adore Middle Grade books and find them to be some of the most influential and satisfying reads and this year Munchkin will be able to read some of these with me as well!

 I hope even if you aren't a big middle grade fan, that you will try at least one this month!   
I will post updates throughout the month here and more than likely on Instagram (@EasternSunset9) as well.

What is your favorite Middle Grade book?

No comments:

Post a Comment