Monday, January 4, 2021

Monday Reading List

     It is Monday again and it is time to update with what I read last week, what I am currently reading and what to look forward to next week.



Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

The Great Unicorn Race by Whitney Sanderson
The Princess Knight by G. A. Aiken
Unplugged by Gordon Korman
Tom and Jerry: Grouchy Cat by Christopher Harbo & Illustrated by Scott Jeralds (Graphic Novel)
This Cowboy of Mine by R. C. Ryan (Date Night)

 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

Unplugged
The Little Book of Winter Gnomes
This Cowboy of Mine
Hitting the Books


Currently Reading:



Pages Read/ Time Listened
6:50 Hours Listened This Year(13:20 listened this week)
128 Pages Read This Year (560 This week)

Books Added to Shelves Recently: TBR




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I don't know about you but I always find it odd the way my first Monday Reading List post of the new year looks, it seems so empty without the long list of recently added books and the small numbers for pages and hours read so far.  Not to mention, I haven't even set any challenges yet this year! I haven't gone back yet and selected my favorite books of 2020 yet.  I feel like I am a bit off with the new year, it kind of snuck up on me.  I have spent the last two weekends reorganizing my bookshelves, I made a promise to myself that any books that I purchased in 2020 and didn't get read, I had to remove 2 books from my TBR shelf.  That resulted in 78 books being removed from my TBR, it was easy at first but by the last 10-15 I had to get real honest with myself about the books I will actually pick up to read.  I also went through my shelves and removed about another 75-100 books that weren't favorites or that I wouldn't be re-reading to make room for all my books.  I have officially maxed out the amount of shelves I can have in my house (minus the one on order from Ikea), so I have very limited space to add new books.  I am really going to have to make careful purchases going forward until I get through some of my TBR.  Speaking of TBR, I have been working on making a list of every unread book on my shelves,  I still have 4 shelves to go (not including Munchkin's) and so far I have 242 physical books on my TBR.  That might seem like a large number but I am happy to say that last time I actually added the books on my TBR it was around 350, so this is huge progress for me!

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I do have some plans I am working on for this year, I do have some changes I would like to make around here, nothing drastic just a few that will make things a bit easier for me.  I hope you will stick around and give me a bit of feedback on what you like and what you don't like to see. 


I hope that the new year has brought you a bit of joy and hope for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment