Sunday, January 3, 2021

Bout of Books 30: Sign Up & Updates

Yes! It is time to kick off the year the right way! I love starting the new year with a fresh TBR and Bout of Books readathon to help me dive into all the great books!  With all the chaos of the holidays behind us and Munchkin heading back to school, I think I will have a bit more time to read than usual and I can't wait!

Here is the information you need in case you want to sign up too!

The Bout of Books readathon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It’s a weeklong readathon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 4th and runs through Sunday, January 10th in YOUR time zone. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are reading sprints, Twitter chats, and exclusive Instagram challenges, but they’re all completely optional. For all Bout of Books 30 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

  


So this post is going to be my base for the week, I will continue to come back and update it each day with my progress (as I already have a lot of posts planned for this week and don't want things too jumbled up).  I will also be updating on Instagram @EasternSunset9


Time Devoted to Reading
I am hoping to start the year off right with a lot of reading this week. I hope to spend 3-4 hours per day reading, some at work, some on the go and some at home.

  
My Goals
Read a total of 1,200 pages
Read at least 3 hours each day
Read/Finish 1-2 Requested Review Books
Keep up with writing Reviews


Books to Read

Special Ops Seduction  - 352 pages (requested review)
Home Body - 192 pages - READ
Boone - 304 pages (requested review)
Ever After Always - 282 pages (requested review)
Word to the Wise - 304 pages - READ
Ember and the Ice Dragons - 384 pages

Other Possible Books

On a Blue Moon - 274 pages (requested review)
Hush - 374 pages (requested review)


Updates:


Monday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 352 pages
Total Number of Pages:  352 pages
Time Spent Reading Today: 4 hours
Total Number of Books I've Read: 3 (Winterkeep preview, Word to the Wise & Homebody)
Books Completed: 1 (Winterkeep preview)
Thoughts: While I only finished 1 book yesterday I did make a bunch of progress on the other two and will be finishing those today (Tuesday).  I haven't been able to read much in the last couple of weeks but boy did this break that streak! It has been quite a while since I last read over 350 pages in a single day.  I only have about 30 pages left in Home Body and about the same left in Word to the Wise, then I will be picking up another book, probably Special Ops Seduction.


Tuesday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 301 pages
Total Number of Pages: 653 pages
Time Spent Reading Today: 3.5 hours
Total Number of Books I've Read: 5 (Currently Reading: Special Ops Seduction & Empire Strikes Back)
Books Completed: 3 (Winterkeep Preview, Word to the Wise & Home Body)
Thoughts: Not quite as good of a reading day but still pretty awesome.  I have now finished 3 books and am over halfway to my page count goal.  I am really enjoying the books I have selected for this readathon.  I am hoping to finish Special Ops Seduction today or early tomorrow, so I will be putting up a vote on my Instagram Stories to pick my next read (of course neither book was on my planned TBR but oh well).  I have a couple of reviews to get done today to keep up with my other goal, I am feeling rather accomplished!


Wednesday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 206 pages
Total Number of Pages: 859 pages
Time Spent Reading Today: 2.5 hours
Total Number of Books I've Read: 5 (Currently Reading: Special Ops Seduction & Empire Strikes Back)
Books Completed: 3 (Winterkeep Preview, Word to the Wise & Home Body)
Thoughts: For obvious reasons, I didn't spend as much time reading yesterday, at least in the office where we followed the current events. I did do quite a bit of reading at home last night where we opted to keep the TV off to prevent Munchkin from becoming agitated and afraid. It was nice to escape into a galaxy far, far away when things much closer to home are out of control. I am hoping to get a lot more reading done today as I am working from home waiting for the gas company to install a new meter on our house. 



Thursday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 330 pages
Total Number of Pages: 1,189 pages
Time Spent Reading Today: 4 hours
Total Number of Books I've Read: 5 (Currently Reading: Special Ops Seduction & Empire Strikes Back)
Books Completed: 3 (Winterkeep Preview, Word to the Wise & Home Body)
Thoughts: I didn't get quite as much reading done as you would think while spending an entire day at home waiting for repairmen to show up (who never did by the way) but the two books I am currently reading are a bit intense. I am definitely going to be finishing both today though. I had a vote up on Wednesday into Thursday to pick my next read; once I finish these two books I will be reading Graceling, and I might pick up either another Jenn McKinlay book (the final in the Library Lovers Mystery series) or the newest book by Marie Force (the 12th book in the Green Mountain/Butler Vermont series). Not quite the books I was planning on reading this month but I will still have reached all my goals.


Friday
Number of Pages I've Read Today:
Total Number of Pages:
Time Spent Reading Today:
Total Number of Books I've Read:
Books Completed:
Thoughts:


Saturday & Sunday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 
Total Number of Pages: 
Time Spent Reading Today:
Total Number of Books I've Read: 
Books Completed:
Thoughts: 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenges:

I don't often participate in the challenges but if I do they will be posted here.








No comments:

Post a Comment