Friday, January 8, 2021

December 2020 Wrap Up

Boy did the days in December completely fly by! The end of the year and the beginning of the new year really caught me by surprise! I haven't even been able to review the books I read in 2020 or decide on any goals/reading resolutions for 2021!  Oh well, for now I will start with just wrapping up December 2020 before looking at the bigger picture. I am hoping I will be rather pleased with myself once I do get around to reviewing my year as a whole.


First and foremost is my only actual challenge for the  year . . .

TBR Books from the Past 3 Years:
 I read 3 books off my list from previous years
 




2020 Books added to TBR & Read:
Obviously I didn't manage to read all the books I added to my shelves this year but I did make one final push to read at least a few more, I managed to read 5 more off my recently added list (except 1 was a bind up so technically 4).  Not quite what I was hoping but the last 2 weeks in December were just pure chaos, so little to no reading was done.
 
 




December Additions:
After a very successful November, things got a little out of hand in December. Part of it was gifts and part of it was book boxes coming in and a few personal purchases in the middle of it too. 
  

 

 
 

 

 
 

 


 




Ugh, 22 new books added to my shelves in a single month! Luckily, I have already read 5 of those, 6 more were gifts and I only purchased 8 books, the rest came from book box advent calendars. 




In other reading I am tracking this year, I read . . .

Re-Reads:


Borrowed Books:


Books Over 500 Pages:
NONE


Requested Reviews: 


December Reading Stats:
I read a total of 27 books this month
2,874 pages read and 2 days,3 hours and 27 minute of listening


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read that TBR: I have pretty much given up on this goal, if I can just focus on not adding to it at this point I will be happy. - :(
2. Purchase Less Books: While 22 this month seemed like a lot, last year I added 37 books to my shelves in the month of December!  - CHECK
3. Read Big Books: I once again didn't read any books over 500 pages this month, some were pretty darn close, but I kind of expected that in the month of December. - :(
4. Interact: Still struggling with balancing in person life and online life. I haven't even posted on Instagram in ages. I just need to find that balance again.  The good news is that we made a ton of progress on a whole house purge and organize, so I feel like I don't have as much hanging over my head constantly. - :/ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment