Sunday, December 13, 2020

Advent Reads Day 13: Miracle on 34th Street by Valentine Davies

 Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!

Read for: Audio Book/ Borrowed Book

Synopsis: "Generations of believers in hope and goodwill have made Valentine Davies’ Miracle on 34th Street a treasured part of their holiday traditions. Millions of copies of this award-winning story have sold since its first publication in 1947, delighting readers of all ages. A facsimile edition of the book is now faithfully re-created, offering a new generation--and fans of the original--the beauty of the classic 1940s design. Details of how the book came to be written, and made into a beloved film, are included in a brief historical note."

My Review: I don't think I have ever watch this movie in its entirety, even though it is such a classic. So I thought I would give the audio book a try. I have to say, I can see why it is a much loved Christmas classic! It has the magic, the feels, the family, everything you could want in a holiday story. I loved the audio edition I listened to, it had a full cast of narrators and definitely added something special to the story. I definitely think I need to watch the movie now!

My Rating: I am surprised how much I enjoyed this story, and a little disappointed it took me so long to try it. This is definitely a classic that needs to be re-read every year. I give it a rating of Four Paws!



 



 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment