Thursday, May 7, 2020

Children's Book Week: The One and Only Bob by Katherine Applegate

Children's Book Week

Read for: Recently Added/ Audio Book/ Children's Book Week

Synopsis: "Bob sets out on a dangerous journey in search of his long-lost sister with the help of his two best friends, Ivan and Ruby. As a hurricane approaches and time is running out, Bob finds courage he never knew he had and learns the true meaning of friendship and family."

My Review: I was so excited when I found out that Bob was getting his own book. Due to the current situation, my pre-order copy has yet to arrive so I listened to an audio book. I highly recommend the audio book, it is narrated by Danny DeVito and he gives Bob so much personality! Since the book is written from a dog's perspective, it does get off tangent from time to time, but it adds to the quirky personality. Not only do we get to see our favorite characters from One and Only Ivan, but we get introduced to a new cast of characters. Bob goes on quite the adventure in this one, full of action and danger but also, Bob discovers that life isn't all about himself and his own survival, it is about so much more.

My Rating: I have become a huge Katherine Applegate fan over the past couple of years and so I was very excited to find out that not only is Ivan being made into a movie but we also got this book.  I love how much of Bob's personality came through on this book, especially the audio book. I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment