Sunday, May 10, 2020

Bout of Books 28: Sign Up & Updates

While this is a month full of readathons, I am always happy to join Bout of Books for a week long readathon!

Here is the information you need in case you want to sign up too!

The Bout of Books readathon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It’s a weeklong readathon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th and runs through Sunday, May 17th in YOUR time zone. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are daily challenges, Twitter chats, and exclusive Instagram challenges, but they’re all completely optional. For Bout of Books 28 information and updates, visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

  


So this post is going to be my base for the week, I will continue to come back and update it each day with my progress (as I already have a lot of posts planned for this week and don't want things too jumbled up).  I will also be updating on Instagram @EasternSunset9


Time Devoted to Reading
I have really been struggling to squeeze reading time into my busy schedule lately but I would like to read between 2-4 hours each day and read about 120-200 pages each day.

  
My Goals
Read a total of 900 pages
Read at least 2 hours each day
Read/Finish 1-2 Requested Review Books
Make progress on Tome for Tome Topple


Books to Read
Summer Retreat - 304 pages
On a Blue Moon - 274 pages
Of Literature and Lattes - 336 pages
Wrath - 720 pages


Other Possible Books
Beachside Beginnings - 384 pages
Hades & Persephone: Curse of the Golden Arrow - 428 pages


Updates:


Monday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 164 pages
Total Number of Pages:  164 pages
Time Spent Reading Today: 3.5 hours
Total Number of Books I've Read: 1
Books Completed: 1 (Stealing Thunder)
Thoughts: I got quite a bit of reading done, just not the books I had on my list. I needed to finish up Stealing Thunder for release day so it took the priority in my reading. It was a really enjoyable book, but I am ready to move on to my TBR books. I will be starting with Summer Retreat in audio book and Of Literature and Lattes in ebook.


Tuesday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 200 pages
Total Number of Pages: 364 pages
Time Spent Reading Today: 6 hours
Total Number of Books I've Read: 3 (Currently reading Summer Retreat & Of Literature & Lattes)
Books Completed: 1 (Stealing Thunder)
Thoughts: It was a much better reading day, I was able to listen to an audio book while doing office work and also read a little between helping Munchkin with his school work.  While I do want to keep this ball rolling, it is going to be a busy day. Between school work (including 2 tests), class zoom meetings, office work at home and then office work at the office, I doubt I will get much time to read. I am hoping to finish at least one book soon though and move on to my big tome topple book.

Wednesday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 25 pages
Total Number of Pages: 389 pages
Time Spent Reading Today: 1/2 hour
Total Number of Books I've Read: 3 (currently reading Of Literature & Lattes)
Books Completed: 1 (Stealing Thunder)
Thoughts: It was a hectic day yesterday and there was absolutely no time for reading until the evening.  But then a couple of friends who are feeling lonely wanted to get on a zoom chat, and well drinks were poured and kept coming and the hours ticked by and before we knew it we hit midnight.



Thursday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 268 pages
Total Number of Pages: 657 pages
Time Spent Reading Today: 7.5 hours
Total Number of Books I've Read: 4 (Currently reading Of Literature & Lattes and Wrath)
Books Completed: 2 (Stealing Thunder & Summer Retreat)
Thoughts: Definitely a much better reading day, finished an audio book while working, read a few pages in Of Literature & Lattes and then while doing chores and relaxing for the evening, I dove into several hours of Wrath, finally. I am looking forward to a lot more of Wrath!


Friday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 210 pages
Total Number of Pages: 867 pages
Time Spent Reading Today: 6.25 hours
Total Number of Books I've Read: 4 (currently reading Of Literature & Lattes and Wrath)
Books Completed: 2 (Stealing Thunder & Summer Retreat)
Thoughts: Yesterday was a much better reading day, I read only a few pages of my ebook but have listened to a bunch of Wrath, so glad I am finally getting to read this book! I plan to finish at least Wrath this weekend, plenty of audio book time while I catch up on the house work!


Saturday & Sunday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 
Total Number of Pages: 
Time Spent Reading Today:
Total Number of Books I've Read: 
Books Completed:
Thoughts: 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenges:

I don't often participate in the challenges but if I do they will be posted here.








No comments:

Post a Comment