Saturday, February 15, 2020

Date Night with a Book: Faker by Sarah Smith

Date Night with a book is the new After Dark series of posts on my blog, books posted for Date Nights contain Adult  Romance themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for Date Night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)


Read for: TBR & Romance Week

Synopsis: "Emmie Echavarre is a professional faker. She has to be to survive as one of the few female employees at Nuts & Bolts, a power tool company staffed predominantly by gruff, burly men. From nine to five, Monday through Friday, she's tough as nails--the complete opposite of her easy-going real self.

One thing she doesn't have to fake? Her disdain for coworker Tate Rasmussen. Tate has been hostile to her since the day they met. Emmie's friendly greetings and repeated attempts to get to know him failed to garner anything more than scowls and terse one-word answers. Too bad she can't stop staring at his Thor-like biceps...

When Emmie and Tate are forced to work together on a charity construction project, things get...heated. Emmie's beginning to see that beneath Tate's chiseled exterior lies a soft heart, but it will take more than a few kind words to erase the past and convince her that what they have is real."


My Review: I had received this book in a Baecrate box last year and wasn't sure if it was one I would enjoy but thought I would give it a shot anyway. I ended up thoroughly enjoying this one. I didn't realize how much I would love workplace romances! Not to mention a bit of enemies to lovers. Tate, of course, completely stole my heart, a bit standoffish but so sweet deep down. Emmie is a girl you can get behind, she puts on such a confident front and a total kicking ass and taking names kind of person, which I love in books. I was completely drawn in with all the banter back and forth between the characters and the obvious, to the reader at least, chemistry between them. I am so looking forward to seeing what else Sarah Smith sends our way in the future.


My Rating: I never really got into the boss lady/ workplace romances until now.  This book completely proved me wrong and gave me everything I was looking for in a romance at the time.  I give it a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment