Saturday, May 11, 2019

Date Night Review of In Her Sights by Katie Ruggle

Read for: Recently Added & I love her books

Synopsis: "Five bounty-hunting sisters
Deep in the heart of the Rockies
Fighting to save each other
...and the men who steal their hearts

Bounty hunter Molly Pax fought hard for everything she has, turning the bail recovery business she shares with her sisters into an unqualified success. So when their sticky-fingered mother jumps bail and puts the childhood home up as collateral, Molly's horrified. To make matters worse, every two-bit criminal in the Rockies now sees her family's misfortune as their next big break.

She needs help, stat.

Enter rival bounty hunter John Carmondy: six feet of pure trouble, with a cocky grin to match. John's the most cheerfully, annoyingly gorgeous frenemy Molly's ever had the pleasure of defeating...and he may be her only hope of making it out of this mess alive."


My Review: For some reason I really struggled to get into this book, it was most likely my own personal reading mood because I always love Katie Ruggle's books. I didn't really click with Molly the way I usually do with the strong Alpha women in Ruggle's stories. I could not stand Jane and maybe the fact that I wouldn't tolerate her made it difficult to sympathize with the sisters. I of course instantly loved Warrant! Carmondy was a fun and quirky character, I loved the banter between him and Molly. I did enjoy the constant action throughout the book, it kept the pages moving, but again the Jane drama really irritated me. For being a bounty hunter, Molly is awfully non-confrontational on that end. I did appreciate the slow burn/enemies to lovers tropes in this one, those are always my favorite romances. I will of course continue reading all the books in this series as they come out, I am hoping my difficulty with this one was just a mood reading fluke.


My Rating: While I didn't get into this one as much as I usually do, I did end up really enjoying it. I really appreciated that while it is a romance book, it didn't take over the story, all the characters are still bad-asses that get their jobs done! I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment