Wednesday, May 1, 2019

April 2019 Challenge Update & May TBR

I am in complete denial that it is already May, never mind the fact that it is barely 50 degrees and raining constantly, but also it has been completely hectic all year already! I normally have some nice quiet time between the end of football season and the start of Munchkin's baseball season to cuddle up and do a lot of reading but I have not had that this year.  I am already into the start of the crazy half of the year with no let up in sight. I really hope I can continue reading as much but I already feel like I am starting to fall behind on some of my challenges for the first time ever!

Children's Books
30-40 books
7. Zen Shorts
8. P is for Pterodactyl
9. Aliens Love Underpants


Early Reader Books
30-40 books
5. Mr. Putter & Tabby Drop the Ball
6. Newt
7. Fox the Tiger

Graphic Novel
25 books

Audio Book Challenge
50 books - (Caffinated Reader hosted)

Classic Books
5 books
None

Big Books
10 books over 500 pages

RI Authors
20 books
None


Borrowed Books
30-40 books
Re-Reads 
15 books

Beat the Backlist
75 books - (Novelknight hosted) - only using books I already own
13. Animal Adventures
14. School Days
15. Laura & Nellie
16. Malice




The Never Ending Series
Warland Chronicles: Book1, Book 2, Book 3, Book 4,


Requested Reviews
No more than 25 new acceptances (& catch up on old requests)
8. The Unicorn Anthology (Netgalley)
9. Her Royal Highness Sampler (Netgalley)

Recently Added to Shelves
Limited purchases (must total less than 200) and read soon
1. Dragon of Ash & Stars - (Jan./ Jan.) DNF
2. The Snow Gypsy (Jan./ )
3. Book Nerds & Boyfriends (Jan./Feb. ) *
4. WarDance (Jan/ )
5. Warsong (Jan./ )
6. The Only Harmless Great Thing (Jan/Jan.)
7. Who in the World is Carmen Sandiego (Jan./ Jan.)
8. Lost Boy (Jan/ )
9. Year One (Jan/ )
10. Girl Who Drank the Moon (Jan/ )
11. King of Scars (Jan/ )
12. Dactyl Hill Squad (Feb./)
13. The Darkdeep  (Feb./)
14. Voices (Feb./Feb.) 
15. Wicked King (Feb./March) 
16. Lord of the Fading Lands (Feb./)
17. Crown of Feathers (Feb./)
18. Argos: The Story of Odysseus as told by his Loyal Dog (Feb./)
19. 100 Hugs (Feb./ Feb.) 
20. Binti 2: Home (Feb./March)
23. Binti 3: Night Masquerade (Feb./March) 
24. Artificial Condition (Feb./March)
25. Rogue Protocol (Feb./March)
26. Trial of Lightening  (Feb./)
27. The Last (Endling) (Feb./March)
28. Aquicorn Cove (Feb./Feb.) 
29. Thick as Thieves (Feb./ Feb.)
30. Aru Shah and the End of Time (March/) - DNF
31. Foundryside (March/ April)
32. Wundersmith (March/)
33. City of Ghosts (March/March) 
34. Saga Vol. 8 (March/ April)
35. Saga Vol. 9 (March/April)
36. Warrior of the Wild (March/March)
37. Book Love (March/March)
38. Queen's Shadow (March/March) 
39. A Curse So Dark and Lonely (March/)
40. Shadow of Doubt (March/)
41. Gates of Stone (March/)
42. In Her Sights (March/April)
43. Nevermoor (March/)
44. A Conspiracy of Truths 
(March/)
45. The Wild Robot (March/March)  
46. The Resurrectionist (March/) 
47. Viper (April/)
48. Vortex Visions (April/) 
49. Through the White Wood (April/)
50. Descendant of the Crane (April/)
51. The Princess and the Fangirl (April/April)
52. Holy Sister (April/)
53. Rhapsodic (April/)
54. A Strange Hymn (April/)
55. The Emperor of Evening Stars (April/)
56. Dark Harmony (April/)
57. The Black Bull of Norroway (April/)
58. We Rule the Night (April/)
59. The Unbound Empire (April/)



January Reading Stats:
I read a total of 22 books this month
2,647 pages read and 2 days, 6 hours and 34 minutes of listening



Resolutions Check in:
1. Borrow More Books: I only borrowed one book (and a couple of kids books) this month, it isn't much but I think it counts. - CHECK
2. Purchase Less Books:  I only purchased 10 books in April last year and 13 this year, so that isn't great but I am still 18 less than last year at this point so I am calling it a win - CHECK
3. Read Big Books: Yes, Yes, Yes!  I read 2 books over 600 pages and another book over 500 pages! - CHECK
4. Re-Read More: I did re-read 2 books this month, and they pulled me out of a slump.  I have been wanting to re-read more books. - CHECK
5. Put Less Pressure and Stress on Myself: I have been letting some posts slide, I have been busy with other aspects of my life lately so while I have been posting pretty consistently but have missed a couple of days. I haven't gotten myself too worked up about missing them either. I have also dropped the ball with Instagram lately but again I haven't gotten myself too worked up about it. - CHECK



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I feel like I have been really flexible with my TBRs so far this year and I have been running a little behind on some challenges and also reading the books coming in (I know I have a large Book Outlet order arriving tomorrow so I really need to get to reading the books I am purchasing).  Even thought this will be another busy month, I feel like it might be a little less busy than it has been lately.  So I am setting a pretty lofty TBR and really buckling down to get it all read.  We also have a couple of readathons going this month, Bout of Books but also Scallywagathon (which I am still debating joining).

A Curse So Dark and Lonely *currently reading
Holy Sister
A Conspiracy of Truths
Crown of Feathers
Trail of Lightning
Nevermoor *currently reading & Wundersmith
Beyond A Darkened Shore & Through the White Wood
The Black Bull of Norroway
The Bargainer Series
SEAL's Honor & Sniper's Pride
In an Absent Dream
Her Royal Highness
Printed Letter Bookshop
Swords & Fire Trilogy
Realm
The Manticore's Vow



I am way over estimating my reading abilities this month but it is nice to have options and goals! I also want to see that TBR going down a little quicker.   What does your TBR look like this month?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're making decent progress. I know what you mean about it being May--we had snow last Saturday! It just doesn't feel like spring yet. Hopefully the weather gets better!

    ReplyDelete