Sunday, April 28, 2019

Booktube SFF Shortlist Readalong Update



You may recall, I have been trying to read as many of the Booktube SFF Award Shortlist books that I can (see my original post HERE).  It has been slowly working my way through the list and have found some really enjoyable books and some not so enjoyable books.  I think we are a little over halfway through the reading period so I figured it was time I updated on my progress. 



 Best Fantasy Category:
Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett  *Just finished - Review coming

Best Science Fiction Category:
I will not be reading this category but here are the shortlist books in case you want to
Record of a Space Born Few by Becky Chambers
The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
Vengeful by V.E. Schwab

Best Young Adult Category:
Skyward by Brandon Sanderson - Not Going to get to this one
Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor - Still haven't read the first one, won't get to it

Best Middle Grade Category:
Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi - I Ended up DNFing this one
Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend - I still have to read the first book and was struggling so I have requested the Audio book from the library to hopefully speed things along

Best Debut Category:
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi - Not going to get to this one
Trail of Lightening by Rebecca Roanhorse - This is on my TBR for May!

Best Graphic Work Category:

Best Short Work Category:



So there is my updated, I am really pleased with my progress, 12 books out of 21 is not bad. I have finished reading the 3 main categories I wanted to read and found some really great books.  I hope to be able to read both books in the Morrigan Crow series and maybe try Aru Shah again, it may have just been a bad time for me to read it.  I also will at least finish Trail of Lightening.  I haven't really been looking at anyone else's reviews on these books yet but will be doing that soon.  I am so excited to see what the outcome is during the live show. 

Have you been reading any of the short list books? Do you have any favorites yet? Are there any books that you think should be up on the list but aren't?


No comments:

Post a Comment