Monday, April 29, 2019

Early Reader Bedtime Story: Newt by Matt Novak

Read for: Early Reader Challenge

Synopsis: "Meet Newt, surely the most amiable amphibian ever, as he discovers the secret to having a perfect day, finds a strange, fuzzy, bug, and makes a new friend on a dark night. A perfect match of warm, funny text and glowing illustrations, Newt is a book to delight and inspire beginning readers--even as Newt himself charms the hearts of all."

My Review: This book was in a box of used books I received and it was a nice little gem. It is great for those young readers who can read on their own but my be intimidated by chapter books. There are 3 chapters in this one but they are short and each reads as a standalone story. Newt learns a lot throughout this book about friendship and caring for those around him. Munchkin enjoyed reading this aloud to me. We both really enjoyed the illustrations and the stories themselves. It was a perfect bedtime story to unwind from the day with this simple happy story.

My Rating: This was a really cute and fun book.  It says it is a level 2 but I felt it was more of  level 3 but of course every company has their own way of ranking, and the older ones seem to be more advanced anyway.  Munchkin and I really enjoyed reading this book and give it a rating of Four Paws!



Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment