Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Anticipated 2019 Releases

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes on Youtube.


So today's prompt is all about those books being released next year that we cannot wait to read, and of course being nearly the end of the year, I have been planning my challenges and TBRs for next year and coming across all the books I want to read next year. I couldn't settle on just 5 books to list, so I thought I would make 2 lists, one for series continuations and conclusions and a second for first book in series, companions and stand alone books. 


So let's start with my anticipated releases that continue (or end) a series:


I have been really intrigued by this series and found it enjoyable for the most part so am looking forward to book 4 coming out January 8th. It will be a nice short little book to hold me over until some of my other anticipated releases come out.


Holy Sister is the 3rd and I believe maybe the final book int he Book of the Ancestor series by Mark Lawrence (the first two were Red Sister and Grey Sister).  I read the first two earlier this year and am in love with this series but have to wait until April 9th for it to be release (unless I am lucky enough to be approved for an ARC). 

This year I read Grace and Fury, and it left off on a major cliffhanger, I NEED Queen of Ruin now, but have to wait until July 2nd for the conclusion! Also, I need this second cover and need to find out how to get my hands on it!



I have an even longer wait for Darkdawn, the 3rd and final book in the Nevernight Chronicles.  Again I read both Nevernight & Godsgrave early this year and was completely sucked into the story and my love for Mr. Kindly. We have to wait until September 3rd to finish this exciting trilogy.

Capturing the Devil is the 4th and final book in the Stalking Jack the Ripper Series, and I cannot wait! I never expected to get sucked into this series and fall for these characters quite like I did, and I binged the first 3 books late this year but have to wait until September 26th for this one to come out!!


(I am not technically counting this one because it doesn't have a date)
Not confirmed but I can hope and cross my fingers that Blight of Blackbirds, the second book in the Seven Kennings Series by Kevin Hearne comes out in 2019. I read A Plague of Giants earlier this year and was completely blown away and I am still obsessed with it!



And now on to Companion Novels, Start of New Series & Stand Alone Books:


Just the cover alone is amazing but do yourself a favor and go read the synopsis for Crown of Feathers  and tell me you don't want to read it right now, but like me you probably will have to wait until February 12th to try this new series!

February might end up being one of my busiest reading months in 2019 because this new stand alone viking book comes out February 26th! I cannot wait for this!

I have yet to read a Star Wars book featuring Padme, and I love her, so I am beyond excited for Queen's Shadow being released on March 5th!


I have already put in an ARC request for Wicked Saints but if not approved I will definitely be pre-ordering so I can start this one on release day of April 2nd!

I don't know exactly how I stumbled upon Spin the Dawn but between the cover and tag line of Project Runway meets Mulan, I am ticking down the clock to the July 30th release date!


Okay, I couldn't leave this one off the list
The Girl the Sea Gave Back is the companion novel to Sky in the Deep, another one of my favorite reads this year and it is scheduled for release on September 3rd and I am beyond excited!!





And because I can't control myself, here are a few more books that I want to bring to your attention . . .
White Stag Releases January 8th (YA Fantasy)
Who in the World is Carmen Sandiego?  Releases January 22nd  (Middle Grade)
King of Scars Releases January 29th (YA Fantasy)
Ruin of Kings Releases February 5th (YA Fantasy)
In Her Sights Released March 26th (Adult Romance)
Voices: The Final Hours of Joan of Arc  Releases March 26th (Poetry/Historical Fiction)
The Unbound Empire Releases April 25th (YA Fantasy - Book 3)
We Hunt the Flame Releases May 14 (YA Fantasy)
The Storm Crow Releases July 9th (YA Fantasy)
Anya and the Dragon Releases September 24th (YA Fantasy)



Okay, I am going to stop now.  I have completely blown the point of Top 5 Wednesday but honestly what did you expect?! What are some of your most anticipated releases of 2019?



No comments:

Post a Comment