Saturday, December 22, 2018

Advent Reads Day 22: Graphic Novel: Northstars Vol. 1.5 by Jim Shelley & Haigen Shelley & Illustrated by Anna Liisa Jones

Read for: Recently Added & Graphic Novel

Other Books in the Series:

Synopsis: "Continuing the holiday adventures of Holly, the daughter of Santa Claus and Frostina, a Yeti Princess. In this issue, La Befana, the Christmas Witch of Italy, enlists Holly and Frostina’s help to stop the monstrous Badalisc from destroying her garden. The Badalisc is big and furry, but is he all bad? Or is the real threat the evil wolf of Gubbio! Join us for the fun, all ages romp!"

My Review: I really enjoyed the first Northstars volume and was excited to see that it is being continued. This is a rather short one but I loved it just as much if not more than the first. I love how it is light and fun and great for young readers; and it also incorporated folk tales, traditions and beliefs for one country, Italy. I really hope they continue this will more traditional holiday stories. This will definitely be added to my shelves and I think both me and Munchkin will enjoy reading it and anymore to come!

My Rating: I am absolutely loving this series, this short little one in particular because it pulled in folk tales and holiday traditions that I wasn't aware of and it had information at the end about them too.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment