Saturday, March 3, 2018

Graphic Novel Review of Jim Henson's Labyrinth Tales by Corey Godbey

Read for: Graphic Novel Challenge

Synopsis: "“What a flabbergastingly delightful series of events! Where ever to begin?”

Experience the endlessly imaginative world of Jim Henson’s Labyrinth through the eyes of its most fantastical and beloved characters! Witness a day in the life of Sir Didymus, the recklessly heroic fox-terrier; Ludo, the lovable oaf; Hoggle, an ever loyal companion; and others as they play games, work together, and revel in the magic of the labyrinth.

Written and gorgeously illustrated by acclaimed children’s book illustrator Cory Godbey (Have Courage, Be Kind: The Tale of CinderellaI), Jim Henson’s Labyrinth: Tales takes readers deep into the adventure where magic knows no bounds."

My Review: I searched long and hard for this book and paid far too much for it, all because I read a short that was included in a bind up from Free Comic Book Day. I was so excited after reading that one short that I had to have this one. Sadly, I should have stuck with just reading that one short, it had a more complete story and substance than this book did. This was so short and it only briefly introduced us to 3 of the characters without really having any kind of story line. The one thing it does have going for it was the artwork was beautiful. I just wish there was more of Ludo. 

My Rating: I guess maybe if you were already a fan or knew the story and characters this would have been a fun addition, but not being in that category this didn't make much sense and was not all that enjoyable.  But the art is great and I wish there had been more.  I give it a rating of Two Paws.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad that you put so much effort and money into getting this one and it disappointed. I might have done the same thing. The cover art is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The art is so fantastic, but it was really disappointing.

      Delete