Thursday, March 1, 2018

February 2018 Challenge Update and March TBR

So February turned out a lot better than January; it was a successful month all around, I got myself organized, tackled the taxes for work and home, finished an order for 80 save the date cards and read a ton in the mean time!  I kind of went off my TBR for the month but I don't mind too much and maybe in the future I will try not really planning much of a TBR.  I also have given myself permission to DNF more books that I am not really enjoying (at least for the time), even review books which has taken a huge weight of my shoulder and I ended up putting down 3 books this month alone, that is probably the same that I DNFed all of last year.   So anyway why don't we get into my wrap up for February . . . 

Children's Book Challenge:
30 - 40 books
4. 7 Ate 9


Early Reader Challenge:
30-40 books


Graphic Novel Challenge:
23-28 books


Audio Book Challenge:
28-32 books
10. Every Little Thing


Classics Challenge:
5 books (1 re-read)
None this month


Series Challenge:
4 full series & 6 duologies
Memoirs of Lady Trent Series (5 books & 1 novella): Book 1Book 2Book 3Book 3.5Book 4Book 5 - COMPLETE
Butler VT/Green Mountain Series (9 books & 2 novellas): (Books 1-3 read in 2017) Book 4Book 4.5Book 5Book 6, Book 7
Nevernight Chronicles (3 books so far): Book 1
Winternight Trilogy (3 books): Book 1Book 2
Unicorn's Secret (8 books): Book 1Book 2Book 3Book 4
Ree Verakai Duology: Book 1, Book 2 - COMPLETE
Ixian Chronicles: Book 1

Requested Reviews:
No more than 25
5. Tess of the Road (DNF)


TBR Challenge:
50-75 books that I already own as of 12/31/2017
1. Breath of Fire  (re-read)
12. Nevernight
13. Crewel Work (DNF)
14. Vengeance Road (DNF)
15. It's Only Love
16. Landscaper Series
17. The Star Touched Queen
18. Southern Spice
19. Ain't She Sweet
20. In the Labyrinth of Drakes
21. Within the Sanctuary of Wings



Books Added to Shelves in 2018:
As I read the books I purchase this year I will add a link (I will also note the month they were purchased/ read)
1. Plague of Giants (Jan./)  *currently reading
2. Moonsilver (Jan./ Jan.)
3. Silver Thread (Jan./Jan.)
4. The Silver Bracelet (Jan./ Jan.)
5. Mountains of the Moon (Jan./ Feb.)
6. Practical Magic (Jan./)
7. I Love My Love (Jan./ Feb.)
9. Gods of the North (Jan./)
10. We Have Always Lived in a Castle (Jan./)
12. Heart on Fire (Jan./ Jan.)
13.To the Sky Kingdom (Feb./ )
15. Letters from Wolfie (Feb./ )
16. Ketchup Clouds (Feb./ )
17. Dead Man's Walk (Feb./ )
18. Luck Love and Lemon Pie (Feb./ ) * Currently Reading
19. Beartown (Feb./ )
21. Listen, Slowly (Feb./ )
22. Ravenous (Feb./ )
23. Monstrous (Feb./ )
24. The Astounding Broccoli Boy (Feb./ )
25. Terrier (Feb./ )
26. Lonesome Dove (Feb./ )
27. As Brave as You (Feb./ )
28. Smuggler's Run (Feb./Feb. )
29. The Lost Stone (Feb./ )
30. The Scarlet Dragon (Feb./ )
31. Sea Monster (Feb./ )
32. Daughter of the Pirate King (Feb./ )
33. The Wolves of Winter (Feb./ )
34. Heaven on Earth (Feb./ Feb. )
35. Into the Fire (Feb./ )
36. Still Waters (Feb./ )




February Reading Stats:
I read a total of 28 books this month
3,173 pages read and 2 days, 19 hours and 44 minutes of listening


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read Less Books: I read 35 books in the month of February last year and 28 this year so - Check!
2. Be More aware while reading: I did note some quotes and favorite characters in a few books - Check!
3. Read More Chunky Books (12 books over 450 pages in 2018): I didn't quite get to this, I read a couple of books near that but not quite - work on this next month.
4. Use Library & Overdrive more: I did in fact borrow one novella that I didn't own and I borrowed several Ebooks and Audio books for streamlining. I also signed up for the Audible Romance where I can download up to 10 books at a time and used that for 2 books this month. - Check!
5. Purge & Re-organize shelves: I DNFed 3 books and pulled 5 more off the shelves for donation and made a pile for Try a Chapter for this month. Progress, and once I finish some of these big projects I hope to really be able to buckle down and focus. - Check!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So normally March finds me totally freaking out about April and the RI Author month, but I have decided to put it off until June. I know I keep pushing it back but I think this will find me a lot less stressed in the long run. But I decided to really test my limits by signing up for quite a few readalongs/readathons and challenges.  I honestly couldn't resist joining many of my favorite bookish people!  So here is my TBR for March . . .

Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
A Plague of Giants by Kevin Hearne *currently reading
Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
Tarnished City by Vic James
Love, Luck & Lemon Pie by Amy E. Reichert * currently reading
The Selection by Kiera Cass (buddy read)
Addie on the Inside by James Howe
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
Letters from Wolfie by Patti Sherlock
Gods of the North by Lucy Coats
Listen, Slowly by Thanhha Lai
Monsterous and Ravenous by Marcykate Connolly
Astounding Broccoli Boy by Frank Cottrell Boyce
As Brave as You by Jason Reynolds
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (readalong)
The Red Racecar and Dinosaur Racing by Thom Ring
Into the Fire by Mari Carr
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (readalong - reading 3 versions at the same time)
Can't Buy Me Love by Marie Force


And a maybe a few more for the Middle Grade March Readathon and hopefully a few for the RI Author month but we will see, I think this is plenty for now.


How was your February? What are you most excited to read in March? Does the changing season change your reading moods?







2 comments:

  1. I’m glad your February was a success. I was laying in bed last night trying to think if February was successful but feel like it was a pretty crappy month. Oh well. On to March. Have fun with all your readalongs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally February isn't a great month for me, it is always super stressful but I am glad this year was a better month. I am starting to regret my over planning for March already but I think I am just fighting something and kind of out of it. Hopefully a couple days rest and I will be able to get back on top of things!

      Delete