Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Books I Didn't Get to in 2017

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tome on Youtube.


So this week's topic is about the top books that we didn't have time to read in 2017 that we really wanted to read, and will now be prioritizing in 2018.

Well, as all bookworms know, there is never enough time for all the books we want to read! For me the second half of 2017 really went by faster than I would have liked and it left some books on my TBR shelf that I really did want to read.  Now this is a bit of an eclectic TBR but here are the books that I just didn't have time for but will be reading early in 2018.

I have really been enjoying this King Arthur retelling, even though there isn't any magic and Arthur is not all that great of a person.  This is the final book in the trilogy and I really wanted to read it but with them all being near 500 to 500+ pages it made it hard right at the end of the year.

I am a little horrified that this book actually came out at the end of 2016 and was a much awaited book in a long series I have been enjoying.  It has been so long that I may need to revisit the previous 11 books in the series but this will be one to read very soon!

I have wavered back and forth on this book but I do really love a good western. Not to mention the fact that the second book is also out now. Definitely going to read this one and the second book pretty early this year.

If you have been a visitor here very often you will know I am a huge Kristin Cashore fan, and have been anxiously awaiting another book from her. But when this one came out and I read the synopsis, it has me a little scared. It is not the genre I was hoping for and sounds so obscure that I don't know if I will like it, but with that said other fans of her books have loved it.  I think this is one that I will have to force myself to pick up but will end up enjoying.

It took me a while to pick this one up after it came out (even though I really wanted it) because of the price and now I am delaying reading it until I can download the audio book because there is a great cast of narrators and I think that would just amplify my enjoyment of the stories.  (That and I kind of want to share it with Munchkin as we approach May the 4th and his first time seeing the movies).



So what books did you miss out on reading in 2017 and want to read this year?

4 comments:

  1. I love Kristin Cashore's books too, but I haven't read that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so nervous about Jane Unlimited, I so want to love it and I have such high expectations based on the previous books, but with it being so different I am not sure it will appeal to me.

      Delete
  2. I was really worried about Jane Unlimited too but ended up liking it. There’s just enough fantasy that I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard a lot of people tell me it does hold up to fan expectations of Cashore. I will just have to bite the bullet and pick it up and I am sure I will end up loving it.

      Delete