Friday, January 5, 2018

Bedtime Story: Early Reader Review of Snow Dance by Erica Farber

Read for: Early Reader Challenge & Snow is what Munchkin wishes for

Synopsis: "Down comes one flake.
Down come some more.
See the snow, snow!
Huckle has a shiny new red sled—but what he doesn't have is snow. After many funny attempts to find a solution to his problem, Huckle and his pals decide to do a “snow dance.” And guess what? It works! This Level One story will delight beginning readers even as it teaches them to sound out simple words."

My Review: This is a great book for this time of year (at least here in the US) and it had Munchkin dancing for snow, which works I guess since we are currently snowbound. I love the classic characters in this book and Munchkin loved the story. It was also a great level one book for us because it wasn't overly simple but it was still easy enough for a young reader to be able to recognize several words and sound out the others.

My Rating: Munchkin really enjoyed this one and telling Huckle that snow and ice are not the same thing.  It was a fun book to read this winter.  We give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag!


Good Night! Sweet Dreams!




Note:  Since Munchkin is growing older and beginning to read more and more on his own I have decided to change my bedtime stories slightly.  I will now be alternating between early reader books and picture books for Bedtime Stories.  I know that Bedtime Stories are some of my most viewed posts and I hope that this is still okay with all of you.  If you would prefer something else or if you like what you see, please don't hesitate to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment