Wednesday, November 15, 2017

(Almost) End of Year Book Tag

So the last couple of days have been absolutely insane at the office and I haven't had time to get my reviews or posts done, so instead I thought I would do a quick tag.  I saw this one on a BookTube channel I just starting watching Jess Reads Books and the original tag was from Ariel Brissett.  So this tag is all about crunch time, which it definitely is around here!


Questions:

Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?

I have 2 series that I still really want to finish, I am planning on reading books for both during the Tome Topple Readathon.  I have both the last 2 books in Pendragon's Banner and the last 2 books in Rhiannon's Ride trilogies to finish.
 





Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?

Not really, I have already started reading winter and Christmas books. I do tend to read a lot more fiction and romance books this time of year because of the warm fuzzy feel good feeling I get from them.

Is there a new release you're still waiting for?
I don't think there is right now, though I am planning on reading The Bear and the Nightingale soon and will probably NEED the next book, Girl in the Tower right after. I am however already counting down to the release of Heart on Fire by Amanda Bouchet which comes out January 2nd.


What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?

Well I already listed 4 up above and I have a bunch of Christmas books that I need to still read for the Advent Reads event all December and of course Bear and the Nightingale but other than that I think I would like to read some of my more recent purchases including possibly
  
  
 

Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favourite book of the year?
I am almost certain my current read will rank above the favorites since the previous book is already up there! 

Have you already started making reading plans for 2018?

A little, usually by now I already have my challenges planned and many of my books planned for next year.  I definitely want to make sure I read my recent purchases that I don't finish this year but with that said I think I want to allow myself more re-reads and I want to focus more on adult fantasy (those chunky books on my shelves).




So what are you reading as the year comes to an end?

1 comment:

  1. I don’t even bother planning out my reading through the year. You’re awesome.

    ReplyDelete