Thursday, June 8, 2017

A to Z Bookish Survey (Tag)

So once again, I feel like I have been flooding you with tons of reviews. I wanted to take a little break and post a tag, I am trying to get better about noting things about the books as I read them so I can have more discussion posts, but for now here are my answers to the A to Z Bookish Survey (I originally discovered this on Booktube channels SuperSpaceChick and HaileyInBookland but the original was from a blog, PerpetualPageTurner).
 
 
A - Authors you have read the most books from:
Technically, Bonnie Bryant but that is because I read her entire 110 book Saddle Club series as a kid, next is Mary Pope Osborne with her Magic Tree House series.  For adult books it is Laurel K. Hamilton with her Anita Blake and Merry Gentry series (neither of which I follow any longer)for a total of 34 books 
 
B - Best sequel ever:
This is so hard to answer, recently would be Gone to Deep (3rd book in the Rocky Mountain Search and Rescue series) by Katie Ruggle, there were some major plot twists thrown in that I wasn't expecting!
 
C - Currently Reading:
Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher on Audio
 
 
D - Drink of Choice while reading:
This depends on where I am, if I am at work it is either Coke or flavored water usually. If I am home it could be tea or wine or something a little harder.
 
E - E-Reader or Physical Book:
I tend to prefer Ebooks just because I can read them anywhere but if I really love the book I will re-read it in print.
 
F - Fictional Character you probably would've dated in high school:
I tended to like the quiet, strong, lots of responsibility types, I guess I would have to say either Rhys from ACOTAR series or Brigan from Fire by Kristin Cashore
 
G - Glad you gave this book a chance:
There are so many books but recently A Man Called Ove blew me away, also the ACOTAR series by Sarah J. Maas, only because I really wasn't going to pick it up due to my dislike of Throne of Glass but I have been loving this series.
 
H - Hidden Gem Book:
Another tough choice, I have a few books for you From Ant to Eagle by Alex Lyttle is a emotional yet heartwarming story of the strength of brotherhood.  Pancho Bandito and the Amarillo Armadillo by Mike and Jonathan Sundy is a new children's book with an old tall tale feel. The Aglaril Cycle series by Rich Feitelberg is a classic fantasy quest series with a variety of characters to enjoy. There Was a Fire by Nancy Roy was my top read last year and just so amazing!
 
I - Important moment in your reading life:
Well obviously when my mom introduced me to books as a tiny child. Then, when I read Frankenstein in high school, again in college when I took Epic Poetry. Then I discovered Goodreads and it opened up so many more books to me and finally when I started blogging, I have been able to make friends and talk books to my heart's content.
 
J - Just finished:
Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan
 
K - Kinds of books you won't read:
I am one of those people who will give just about anything a try but I will not read any political or current events books (at least modern current events). I work in a law office but my boss is also a politician, I get enough of all of that in my daily life.
 
L - Longest book you've read:
It is hard to tell, since I have been keeping track on goodreads (2011) the longest single book I read was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at 870 pages, but I know I have read books longer than that in years prior.
 
M - Major book hangover because of:
I don't usually suffer from book hangovers, I either have the next book waiting in the wings or push through and find a new book to love, but ones in recent memory that could have lead to bookhangovers would be: Breath of Fire by Amanda Bouchet (the second book in this series and I am still a little stressed out waiting for the next book), The Christmas Shoes by Donna VanLiere (I knew I would be an emotional mess so picked light books to read after), A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir (I am still waiting for the next book and am just trying to distract myself), and Sweet Tomorrows by Debbie Macomber (the final book in the series and so emotional).
 
N - Number of Bookcases you own:
2 - 7' shelves, 3 - 6' shelves, 1-4' shelf of Munchkin's books and 1 - 3' shelf for my annual TBR pile for a total of 7 bookshelves (but I need so many more these are all full).
 
O - One book you have read multiple times:
I have read a few books multiple times but I think the book I have read the most is Fire by Kristin Cashore
 
P - Preferred place to read:
In my living room on the couch or in a comfy chair, but oddly enough I am most comfortable reading at my desk at work.
 
Q - Quote that inspires you/ gives you all the feels from a book you've read:
I struggle with remembering quotes from books but recently I had a couple of great ones that I managed to write down.  "Happiness is loving what we need, needing what we love - and obtaining it" from The Little French Bistro by Nina George.  "But books are curious objects.  They have the power to trap, transport, and even transform you if you are lucky." from The Reader by Traci Chee.
 
R - Reading regret:
I have a couple of reading and just bookish regrets. First is giving into the hype so many times but particularly with Harry Potter. Next is not paying attention to my passion for books and pursuing an education and career where I could be involved with books all the time.
 
S - Series you started and need to finish (all books are out):
I am sure there are a few series that are waiting on my shelves but right now my focus is just on getting through this last book of Harry Potter!
 
T - Three of your all time favorite books:
This is so hard, I read nearly 400 books per year, that is a lot of books to choose from, but I do have 2 definite favorites.  First is Frankenstein and second is Fire by Kristin Cashore. After those two things get a little too tight to say what book is next.
 
U - Unapologetic fangirl for:
The Graceling Trilogy by Kristin Cashore of course, then the Embers in the Ashes series, and yes I have jumped on the band wagon of ACOTAR fan club. Finally my number 1 fan club is Star Wars, followed closely by My Little Pony.  Yes, I am a bit of a geek but I am totally okay with that.
 
V - Very excited for this release more than all the others:
Why do you make me choose just one?! I am definitely super excited for Jane, Unlimited! by Kristin Cashore, just because I love the Graceling series so much but I am a little worried because this sounds like it will be so totally different.  Also, Heart on Fire by Amanda Bouchet, the third and final book in the Kingmaker trilogy.
 
W - Worst bookish habit:
This is going to sound a little weird but I have to say speed reading. I don't fold pages, write in my books, break spines, etc. I just read too fast.  I am not able to fully remember the details of the books I am reading. I would love to be able to go back and talk about the side characters or even the various plot changing moments or quotes or lines from the books I have read but unless they are really outstanding, I really have to go through all my past reviews to figure it out.
 
X - X Marks the spot (start in the top left of your bookshelf, what is the 27th book):
 Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione
Y - Your most recent book purchase:
The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichert, I downloaded the audio book. I can't tell you exactly what attracted me to this book but I bought it almost the day it came out.
 
Z - ZZZZ snatcher - the last book that kept you up way too late:
I tend to stay up a little late reading but one book I really could not stop reading until I finished it was A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
 
 
 
 
So there you have my A to Z Bookish Survey. I tried to keep my answers varied but I have a really hard time looking back at the books I have read in the past, what is freshest in my mind is always the only thing I can think of, but I am working on this (I am going back and making a little spreadsheet to keep track of little points in books).  If you participate in the tag too, let me know I would love to see  your answers.


2 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun tag. I should participate. I need to read ACOTAR books. High five for a Frankenstein!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to know what you think of ACOTAR, it seems to be really hit or miss, but I definitely think it is her better series. Hurray for Frankenstein, we should do a buddy re-read of it sometime.

      Delete