Thursday, April 20, 2017

RI Author Feature: More Than Peaches by Christine Depetrillo

 
Reviews of the Previous Books:
 
Synopsis: "Book Six in The Maple Leaf Series

Grady O’Donnell serves drinks to all who roam into his bar, The Clumsy Grasshopper. His heart had once been filled to the rim with love back home in Ireland, but the Universe shattered that bottle. He’s started over in busy Boston, and he’s happy to mix his business, his painting, and his lazy beagle, Cricket, into a life he can easily swallow. Most of the time.

Lena Clover brightens people’s days in Boston with her natural wares at Clover’s Fruit and Flower Shoppe. She’s been so involved in running her farm and store that she’s let her love life seriously wilt. The only love she gives out is to her silly dog, Snowy. Her business partner wants to help her cultivate that part of her life, but after her last relationship, she’s still not ready to stop and smell the roses with anyone.

Until she meets Grady.

Brought together to work on wedding arrangements for Rachel and Harris, their mutual friends, Grady and Lena have to face the fact that maybe, just maybe, there is a little room to explore the instant attraction blooming between them.

If their plans don’t get weedwhacked, that is."


My Review: I have been following this series since the beginning and have really enjoyed it, while I am a little sad to see it end, this was a great conclusion. I had thought in the last book (More than Cocoa) that Harris would be my favorite guy of the series, but honestly Grady has stolen my heart entirely. Lena is also a great female lead, she is kind, loving and sweet but still strong and independent. I love the way the relationship grows between Lena and Grady and their respect for each other was what really made it for me. I also love how the previous characters are integrated into this book and it was all wrapped up nicely, making a satisfying end to the series. This would be a great book to read in the summer, surrounded by sunshine and fresh fruit.
 
My Rating: I love when authors are able to wrap up a series and leave it satisfying but a clear conclusion, and this was one of them. I enjoyed this book so much and fell in love with Grady and Lena.  I give this book a rating  of Four Paws!
 
 
You can find out more about Christine Depetrillo and her work, including this series and her new series, on her Goodreads Page or Website.
 
You can purchase More Than Peaches in print or digital format from Amazon or Barnes & Noble or check in your local bookshop for the whole series, if they don't have it ask to have it ordered.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a fun series but the titles are making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete