Friday, April 14, 2017

RI Author Feature: Bedtime Story: Monster Trucks by Anika Denise

 
Synopsis: "Readers will delight in this lively read-aloud story with a clever and surprising twist at the end—perfect for Halloween and year round!

Ready, set, go! The monster truck race is on in this frightfully delightful picture book. On a spooky speedway, Monster Trucks moan! Monster Trucks grumble! Monster Trucks groan!

Join Frankentruck, Zombie Truck, Ghost Truck, and more as they race to the finish line. But one of these trucks isn’t quite who you think."


My Review: I love supporting local authors but when a local author comes out with a book that is perfect for Munchkin I have to get it! This book was fun and a unique take on Monster Trucks. Munchkin loved each of these trucks and while this book is more appropriate for Halloween time, we read it throughout the year. It has a fun rhyme that makes it easy and enjoyable to read.
 
My Rating: This is definitely one of Munchkin's favorites and I find myself reading it with him rather often.  I would love to see more with these characters.  We give it a rating of Four Paws!
 
 
You can learn more about Anika Denise and her work on her Goodreads Page and Website.
 
 
You can also get your own copy of Monster Trucks in print format from Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment