Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday Reading List




Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!




Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

Miranda and Caliban by Jacqueline Carey
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Icicles Like Kindling by Sara Raasch
Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
Flames Like Vines by Sara Raasch
Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch
Pig and Pug by Laura Marchesani and Zenaides A. Medina (Early Reader)
Hedgehugs by Steve Wilson (Bedtime Story)
 
 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

Viking Warrior Rising
Quite Contrary Man
Frost Like Night
Guilded Cage
How My Dorky Dad Became a Hero
Will & Whit
Hedgehugs
Tony Baloney: Pen Pal
Let's Make Something
Bridge of Snow


 
Currently Reading:
 

Vienna Nocturne by Vivien Shotwell - Print - on page 122 of 304
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling - Print - on page 337 of 734
Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski - Audio - 32%





 Books to be Read Soon:



 

Pages Read/ Time Listened
36:26 Hours Listened (12:32 listened this week)
6,953 Pages Read (1,060 this week)

Books Added to Shelves This Month
Viking Warrior Rising by Asa Maria Bradley
Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
Bubble Trouble by Mary Tillworth
Blaze Loves to Race by Mary Tillworth
Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly
Heartstone by Ella Katharine White
Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve
Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman



Books Read From My Shelves
Viking Warrior Rising
Frost Like Night
How My Dorky Dad Became a Hero
Bridge of Snow


Interesting Tidbits on the Web:


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gosh I have been reading a lot lately! I love it but I have been sorely lacking in my creativity, instead I have been working on getting my crafting supplies somewhat organized so it isn't always such a disaster. I have also cut myself off on getting anymore supplies until I use at least the most recent ones I have gotten.

We did have a couple of snow days at the end of last week, got blasted with a good blizzard on Thursday and then Friday was a big clean up day. I don't know if we will get another one today, we are expecting another storm but it could be a lot of snow or more rain, we will have to see (but I could totally use another day off).  This also explains why I haven't been able to get my pen pal letters out (I have a large stack of them to mail but need to get to the post office) and why I also missed last week's Pen to Paper post, I need to get better about scheduling posts again.

Anyway,  have you ever found yourself reading very similar books close together without meaning to? Lately I have found that several of the books I have read are along the line of star-crossed lovers. I don't know why that seems to happen to me a lot but it does (last year I ended up reading a lot of fairy tale re-tellings without meaning to and before that it was a lot of Robin Hood inspired books).

2 comments:

  1. I read similar books a lot. Sometimes I think my subconscious subconscious manages to do that without me noticing. Maybe it's in the mood for something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is completely subconscious, it is just really odd that it keeps happening, especially when they are sometimes completely different genres of books and publishing years. I know I have purposely been seeking out a lot of Beauty and the Beast books though in anticipation for the movie.

      Delete