Sunday, December 18, 2016

Christmas Fun Day 18: Gingerbread Houses

Hello and Happy Holiday season everyone! In addition to my Advent Reads event this holiday season, I thought I would post earlier in the day with different things we do each day to have fun and celebrate this season. I hope you will join us and also maybe share some of your own traditions or ways you celebrate.
 
So Munchkin has been wanting to make a gingerbread house but I am so awful at making them and get so frustrated when they fall apart that I have been putting it off. Thankfully I got the most amazing Uncle when I married into the family! Last week I was near complete meltdown point, and I think he picked up on it over a quick phone conversation. Last Saturday Uncle B called up and said he was coming down and not to worry about everything, he would keep Munchkin occupied while I got some things done.  He showed up with all the things necessary to build a whole neighborhood of gingerbread and occupied Munchkin for a couple of hours, and even cleaned up after. He really is a complete godsend and I am so thankful for him. And Munchkin just loves having fun with Uncle B!
 
I didn't get a lot of pictures because I was outside doing the yard work (and finally getting those Halloween decorations down) but they certainly had fun creating the houses (even if one broke in the process).
 
 

 
 
 
 
Do you have any special holiday memories with family outside your immediate family? Do you have any luck with gingerbread houses?


2 comments:

  1. What a hero! I wish I had someone like him in my life. I hate gingerbread houses too! They won't stay up for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is a godsend and I got so lucky to have him able to help me out. And he is so involved in Munchkin's life, he always jumps at the opportunity to do something with Munchkin whether it is something big or something small. And thank goodness I didn't have to make a gingerbread house, they drive me so crazy!!

      Delete