Monday, October 10, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 36 - Night of the New Magicians

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 36 sends Jack and Annie back to the late 1800s where they must discover some of the famous magicians of the time and discover their secrets before a sorcerer does, all during the World Fair in Paris.
 
 
My Review:This may have been my favorite of the Merlin Missions so far! I enjoyed how this one gave a hint of magic to new discoveries, that may encourage young readers to take an interest in science. Jack and Annie had to travel back to the late 19th century and the world fair in Paris, they get to meet some of the greatest inventors and scientists of our history. I also like how they really had to figure things out on their own. Though the research book wasn't used as much as I preferred in the past I think with all the educational elements throughout the book made up for it. There also wasn't much danger in this one, more of a challenge that took courage and determination to accomplish.
 
My Rating: I loved this one, and I think young readers will love it as well and maybe seek out other books that feature famous inventors and scientists. It certainly opened several new interests to those readers of the series.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment