Thursday, October 20, 2016

After Dark Review of Saddle Up by Marie Rose Dufour

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read for: RI Authors/ She was at the Fall in Love with New England Conference!
 
 
Synopsis: "Tasha Lane never realized how boring her life had become until one phone call in the middle of the night totally changed it. Can this forty-two year old accountant put aside a nine-year age gap and perpetual “foot in mouth” disorder to find love and happiness with an ex-rodeo star turned rancher?

Three years ago, Devin Grant traded the rodeo circuit for a cattle ranch. If someone told him, he would fall in love with a woman he’d never physically met, he’d think they were kicked too many times in the head by a bull. When her brother is thrown from his horse, it was finally time to meet the sexy woman of his dreams and convince her, he was worth taking a chance on.

Can he convince her before she goes back to her boring life? Will she be able to overcome their age difference and her own insecurities?"


My Review: I picked this one up before heading to a conference that Marie would be attending. I am always a sucker for cowboy/western romances and this was fun because it took a girl from the east coast, putting her in the west (the complete opposite of what I did). I like how Marie overcame the challenge of developing a connection between the characters in such a short book. Obviously the development of the storyline is still very accelerated and at times maybe a bit too quick moving, I am looking at you Devin, but it was still a great read (and certainly full of steamy scenes). I really hope there are more books with these characters, I really loved the relationship between Tasha and Dave.
 
 
My Rating: I rather enjoyed this book even though the relationship progressed rather quickly. I think the best part was the relationship between Tasha and Dave (and after talking to Marie at the conference, she assured me that we will get to see Dave again at some point!).  I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment