Thursday, July 7, 2016

Pen to Paper: What I Have Learned - Writing Time

 
Hello my fellow mail lovers and senders.  I have been posting lately about things I have learned in the last year of more actively writing letters (Where to Find Pen Pals, Pens I Like).  So this week I thought I would continue on that trend and talk about the time I dedicate to writing.
 
I originally wanted to set up a scheduled time to write once or twice a week, about an hour to an hour and a half each.  What I have learned since then is that pen pal letters are inconsistent.  I don't have an outrageous number of pen pals because I want to dedicate my time to each of them, but it still seems that I receive all my pen pal letters at the same time.  I do try to respond to each of my letters within a week or two, some of the longer ones I take a little longer.  So as a result I don't set aside time anymore.  As the letters come in I reserve an evening for each letter.  I do find that I am writing longer letters and I take about 1 to 2 hours each to write the letters and more time if I am going to create something as well.
 
 
How much time do you take to write a letter? Do you have a set day of the week that you write or do you write as you receive?


No comments:

Post a Comment