Thursday, July 7, 2016

After Dark Review of Hard Ever After by Laura Kaye

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read for: Because I love this series and author (click links below for reviews on previous books in the Hard Ink series).
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Justice served. Honor restored. Team reunited.

After a long battle to discover the truth, the men and women of Hard Ink have a lot to celebrate, especially the wedding of two of their own—Nick Rixey and Becca Merritt, whose hard-fought love deserves a happy ending.

As Nick and the team shift from crisis mode to building their new security consulting firm, Becca heads back to work at the ER. But amid the everyday chaos of demanding jobs and their upcoming nuptials, an old menace they thought long gone reemerges, threatening the peace they’ve only just found.

Now, for one last time, Nick and Becca must fight for their always and forever, because they know that when true love overcomes all the odds it lasts hard ever after."


My Review: I really enjoyed this novella, it was a great little taste of the Hard Ink Series again, I will definitely miss it. I think the best thing about it was seeing Becca have weakness, yes she did have some moments in the first book but all through the series she has been that rock that everyone leaned on so I really liked seeing her need the support for a change. I also liked how it gives a little idea that at the end of the series it isn't always happily ever after, there are still hiccups. Also, I am glad I read this one after Only, Always & Forever (a short story for Nick & Becca) because I think this one was better and more fulfilling, I can walk away from the series happy and satisfied (and on to the next branch off series).
 
My Rating: I enjoyed this after the series peek back in, it was definitely worth it to read it (though I am not a fan of the cover at all).  I give it a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment