Monday, January 18, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 3 - Mummies in the Morning

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
The third book in the series is Mummies in the Morning.  Jack and Annie return to the Tree House to investigate who the owner is and find out more about the mysterious M. The Tree house once again takes them on an adventure to ancient Egypt to see the mummies in the pyramids that Jack is so fascinated with.
 
 
 
 
My Review: This book was better than the previous book, it has some new words that Osborne does a great job of integrating the explanation into the story. I do like how these are fun adventures for those budding readers but also educational. In this one Annie and Jack not only learn about the pyramids, Egyptian burials, mummies and hieroglyphics.
 
My Rating: Now that I know a little more on what to expect when reading these books it didn't bother me as bad that they didn't spend as much time with the mummies. I found this one to be really informative as well as quite the adventure. I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment