Thursday, January 21, 2016

After Dark Review of Club Midnight by Leigh Wilder

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read for: Mount TBR Digital and Series Challenge
 
 
Synopsis: "Jamie-boy and Damian are settling into an odd life together, but money troubles force Damian to ask for assistance from his sire. While he's away Jamie-boy is introduced to Club Midnight, a sadistic sex club catering to Daybreak, the anti-vampire group responsible for the destruction of Damian's bar.

What Jamie-boy sees there ignites a passion in him, but there's more to Club Midnight than kinky sex. The leader of Daybreak is cruel and manipulative and the fledgling vampires of New Franklin are in over their heads without Damian. Lives are at stake, but can Jamie-boy and Damian rescue their people, bring down Club Midnight, and still have time to get it on?

Contains: graphic m/m sex, BDSM (bondage, flogging, blood-letting, CBT, toys, spanking, and more), graphic violence and abuse."


My Review: While I can respect this series for sticking to the more violent idea of vampires, I just would prefer that it wasn't all violence. Also, I have almost no tolerance any more for Jamie and his whiny, immature attitude. Also the major break in Damian's personality also threw me for a loop, he was at least the one I could count on to be solid. I will finish this series since there is only one more book but definitely not my favorite.
 
My Rating: I found this book to be not my favorite at all, I wasn't thrilled with the drastic changes in Damian and the lack of a developing plot line. I give it a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment