Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Tasty Attempts: Spinach Balls

Last year I had started posting What's For Dinner. While I really enjoyed those posts, it was hard to keep up with a weekly post, especially since Munchkin is getting a little more picky about his diet and we are having a lot of repeat meals (sometimes the same thing several times a week). I still wanted to keep posting tasty recipes but include a little more variety (like the appetizers and desserts that I make for various parties). So I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
Every year for Thanksgiving I am in charge of the appetizers and while we have our family favorites that I make every gathering, I like to find new things (and sometimes healthier options). This year we needed to find something relatively low in fat and sodium. I came across this recipe for Spinach Balls on Pinterest and thought it looked fairly easy and potentially tasty.
 
 
It was pretty easy to make, Munchkin had a blast bounding the crackers into crumbs, and really didn't take too long. The longest part was making them into little balls but it really wasn't that bad.  They were insanely delicious right out of the oven (I honestly wondered if any would make it to the in-laws for Thanksgiving). We did have to heat them up for a couple of seconds when we got there and they weren't quite as good but still really tasty. I may even be adding this to my Christmas menu (which I host and end up managing pretty much the entire day's menu for everyone).
 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They were so tasty and actually reasonably healthy. I also made a sundried tomato dip for them that was really yummy as well but definitely took any health factor out LOL!

      Delete