Friday, December 11, 2015

Advent Reads Day 11: Bedtime Story: The Little Light by David Wadsworth

 
Synopsis: "One night, a Little Light finds itself on a dark street wondering where it came from and where it should go. As it explores the sleeping town and meets the people who live there, it comes to realise how much the world needs light, comfort and joy.

And then, in a little stable on the outskirts of town, it finds a baby who has just been born..."


My Review: This was an interesting little story. I enjoyed how the illustrations were backlit but only vaguely for the most part. I also enjoyed how the goodness of that simple light was projected as it traveled. It is a religious tale in a way but I feel that it could easily be enjoyed by those who aren't religious as it is more of a story about the goodness one can bring to the world around you. I did have a minor issue with the setting, it seemed almost too modern as compared to what is should be if it was set during the birth of Christ. It was still a great little story with a wonderful message for the holiday season.
 
My Rating: I love how unique this story is, and how it is religious but doesn't throw it in your face. We give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment