Thursday, December 10, 2015

Advent Reads Day 10: After Dark: Baby, It's Cold Outside by Various Authors

 
Synopsis: "Outside it may be frosty, so turn the heat way up with these stories of desire!

Searching for You

Can a determined woman executive and a playboy billionaire survive being stranded together in a snowstorm? Jennifer Probst depicts an encounter almost too hot to handle...

It's a Wonderful Tangled Christmas Carol

Drew and Kate play an encore to Tangled in this sexy take on a "Christmas Carol" by Emma Chase. When a Christmas Eve argument condemns Drew to a troubled night, three dream women teach him that no gift could be more tantalizing than Kate...

Saving Grace

With Kristen Proby, ski slopes are quite delightful. Grace Douglas is sure she'll never learn to ski, but instructor Jacob Baxter could teach her lessons of a different kind...

Safe in His Arms

Can a southern California transplant survive Montana's deep snows? Melody Anne, author of the bestselling Andersons series, melts the icy drifts completely away with the heat between sexy Hawk Winchester and brand-new teacher Natalie Duncan...

Rekindle the Flame

What could be hotter than a firefighter? Kate Meader shows how, as Beck Rivera and heiress-turned-tattoo-artist Lucy Cochrane discover, nothing ignites holiday flames like rekindling a lost love..."



My Review: I picked this book up solely because of the Jennifer Probst Novella to her Searching For Series, but I am a person who likes to read books in their entirety so I read this whole book. I have mentioned before how much I dislike when a mid-series novella is stuck in a book with a bunch of other novellas by other authors and potentially other series, this book was no different. Thankfully though most of the stories in this one were enjoyable and I wasn't stuck lost in the middle of a series. I really enjoyed Searching For You, though I guess it wasn't necessary to reading the series. Each of the stories in this book were unique and enjoyable on their own. Other than winter holidays and a touch of romance there really wasn't much in common between them. I loved the message in It's A Wonderful Tangled Christmas Carol about keeping the holidays to your family and memories. I enjoyed the story line and the quirkiness of the characters in Saving Grace (I would honestly love to read more featuring these characters). Safe in His Arms was a little more difficult for me to enjoy with the drastic turn around in Natalie's perspective and personality. The final story Rekindle the Flame took me a bit to get the setting straight in my head but once I did that I loved the characters and the story. All in all it was a fun set of stories to set off a cold winter season.
  
 
My Rating: As so often happens with me, I go into these anthologies for one author and series, so the others always take away from it or irritate me. There are some great stories in this one however and there may be one or two that I go back to find out more about. Overall though I give this book a rating of Three Paws.

1 comment:

  1. Baby, It's Cold Outside by Various Authors is my favorite book.There are three part in the book.

    medical books

    Romantic novels

    ReplyDelete