Saturday, February 28, 2015

After Dark Review of East of Ecstasy by Laura Kaye

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
Read for: Mount TBR & Series Challenge
 
 
Synopsis: "Annalise Fallston made peace with postponing her big-city dreams to care for her ill father, but lately she’s been filled with a restlessness not even her beloved painting dispels. Worse, the colors don’t speak to her as they always have, and all her efforts produce dark, foreboding images of a dangerous man and a terrifying future.

Devlin Eston, black-souled son of the evil Anemoi Eurus, is the only one who can thwart his father’s plan to overthrow the Supreme God of Wind and Storms. But first, Dev must master the unstable powers he’s been given. Distrusted and shunned by his own divine family, he never expected to find kindness and passion in the arms of a mortal.

But Devlin’s love puts Annalise in the path of a catastrophic storm, and in the final Armageddon showdown between the Anemoi and Eurus, sacrifices will be made, hearts broken, and lives changed forever…or lost."


My Review: I was really looking forward to this book after the rush of excitement and tragedy at the end of the last book. Unfortunately it wasn't quite up to the same standard. We had to get to know a whole new character, and while he was introduced in previous books we didn't get to know him. So it took a lot of momentum out of the storyline. It did get moving again but it just didn't get up the steam as before. I did enjoy the characters though once getting to know both Devlin and Anna. Some of the little twists that were thrown in were interesting as well. There was an opening to continue the series but I think this was a great conclusion.
  
 
My Rating: I don't understand why the momentum got so lost in the beginning of this one. It eventually did get picked back up but by that point the book and series were nearly over.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment