Saturday, January 10, 2015

Family Fun: Game Night

I have decided to add a new post to my list of things that could happen on the weekends.  As part of my resolutions for 2015, I wanted to do more fun things with Munchkin and as a family.  I will be posting sporadically about some of the fun adventures we are having together.
 
 
 
It is nasty cold lately with occasional snow showers, I don't know if I have told any of you this before but I hate cold weather! I don't like doing any outdoor activities when it is cold (though I will do some for Munchkin).  So to pass the time Munchkin and I usually have a lot of movie nights.
 
This last weekend however (thanks to some careful gift planning) we broke into some age appropriate games. I have always loved playing games and doing puzzles, they are some of my favorite memories with my own family and I am so excited that Munchkin is finally old enough to start playing too.
 
The game we played this weekend was called Sgetti Scatter
 
It reminds me of Kerplunk, you have to pull the colored spaghetti out without the meatballs falling and spilling the bowl.  I thought this would be a fun game since we eat so much pasta in our house and seem to be rather food obsessed.
 
 
 
Munchkin is learning how to take turns and this was great to improve on that lesson. I must say though that Hubby is a much better sport and left easy ones for Munchkin, something I am going to have to learn to do (must tame my competitive spirit and not completely crush my little competition).
 
 
It was a lot of fun and a lot of laughs were had, I can't wait to have more game nights!
 
 
So what do you do as a family when the weather gets nasty out?  Any fun games you can suggest?


No comments:

Post a Comment