Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday Reading List




Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!




Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

Angels Watching Over Me by Lurlene McDaniel
Horse Crazy by Bonnie Bryant
Dinotopia by James Gurney (Bedtime Story)
 

Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

Curious George Makes Pancakes
Meet My Cats
Goddess of the Sea
Naya Nuki
My Heart to Yours

 
Currently Reading:

Enchanted No More by Robin D. Owens - PB - on page 32 of 425
Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill - Audio - switched to HC - on page 68 of 496
Bathing and the Single Girl by Christine Elise McCarthy - Kindle - on page 62 of 310
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley - Audio - 54%




 Books to be Read Soon:
 
Behind You by Carly M. Duncan (Requested Review)


Interesting Tidbits from the Web:



 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Getting myself back on track, the flu wore me out and it took some time to recover and catch up on sleep.  Then of course I had to catch up on chores, the house was filthy, there were no clean clothes and the fridge was bare. With a lot of hard work I managed to get all caught up at home and at work! I know shocking right?!  All that work will hopefully leave this week open to lots of reading! I do have a wedding to go to today and I have big plans to build a cardboard box fort for Munchkin to play with while I do Nanowrimo next month, I better get busy on that!


I hope you have been enjoying my look back at some of my favorite books from the past! So far I have revisited the Serendipity books, Lurlene McDaniel's emotional teen books, The Saddle Club series by Bonnie Bryant and Dinotopia! I have more planned for this week, including what a lot of female fans think of as their introduction to the fantasy genre!

Even more exciting is this Saturday is Dewey's Readathon! Have you signed up yet? My plans to really crack down and read all day this year have gotten blown up as I have to go into work for a few hours and it is all the Rhode Island Festival of Children's Books and Authors!! So much is going on, but I hope to still be able to read for several hours and finish several more books.  On a good note, since the boss is making me come in on a Saturday he has promised me a day off next week (and he will be away on a cruise all next week so that means a lot more reading time).
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment