Saturday, October 4, 2014

Graphic Novel Review of Sword of Sorcery Vol. 1 Amethyst by Christy Marx

 
Synopsis: "Amy Winston leads a strange life on the road with her mother. She's about to learn why it's all been necessary when she discovers she's the lost princess of Gemworld -- and has powerful enemies hunting her!"


My Review: I absolutely loved this graphic novel, really brought me back to my childhood filled with She-Ra. The art work was fantastic and detailed without being too busy. The storyline was also great and along the lines of the superhero style without being super hero. It would appeal to both guys and girls I think too, as well as from middle grade on up since it isn't gruesome or explicit. All in all an almost perfect graphic novel for me.
 
My Rating: I thoroughly enjoyed this one and it brought me back to my She-Ra days. I really hope they are releasing more in this series! I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment