Saturday, July 19, 2014

Graphic Novel Review of Flight Vol. 1 by various authors

 
Synopsis: "Flight Volume One features stories by professionals and non-professionals alike, all playing on the theme of flight in its many incarnations. From the maiden voyage of a home-built plane to the adventures of a young courier and his flying whale to a handful of stories about coming of age and letting things go, this first volume of Flight is full of memorable tales that will both amaze and inspire."

my Review: This was an interesting and new take on graphic novels for me. I had never read an anthology graphic novel before and I must admit that I rather enjoyed it. At times it was fun to flit from one story on to the next but then again at times I wanted to continue a story. There was definitely something for everyone's taste within this volume, either story or artwork, there was quite a wide selection of each.
 
My Rating: I think this is a great way to break into Graphic Novels, you can discover authors and artists you want to follow and those whose styles don't suit you.  I also like the different interpretations of flight.  I give it a rating of Four Paws.

2 comments:

  1. This does seem interesting.. I love anthologies for the reason you listed... discovering new authors/artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have to be in the mood for anthologies, but when I do seek them out I really enjoy them. I like the fact that you can often read one story a night when short on time.

      Delete