Friday, July 18, 2014

Bedtime Story: The Crown on Your Head by Nancy Tillman

 
Synopsis: "We know our children are special, and now the incomparable Nancy Tillman expresses this universal feeling in the most touching of ways: Every child is born with a crown. The crown is everything that gives us unique value. Our crown will always be with us wherever we go, whatever we do."

My Review: I have been a big Nancy Tillman fan ever since I discovered Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You and have snatched up every book I have come across. Unfortunately, this one wasn't on the level I normally expect from her. The sentences didn't seem to flow like usual, I found myself having to pause and re-read the sentence several times to myself to try to catch that usual rhyme and flow. The images were very similar to the other books and Munchkin still really enjoyed the animals, though there were fewer than in our favorites of hers. Still a good message but just not quite what I have come to expect.
 
My Rating: This one just didn't work for us like Tillman's other stories.  I give it a rating of Two Paws.
 
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment