Monday, April 21, 2014

What's for Dinner This Week? (3)

What's for Dinner This Week is a little insight into my life for you every Monday night. I carefully plan out meals for the week ahead of time and do my shopping over the weekend.  So I wanted to start sharing with you one of the recipes or dinners I am most looking forward to each week.
 
 
 
This week's recipe is determined by the little eater in this house.  Normally Munchkin is a great eater, he will eat just about anything we put in front of him, but recently he as started to get a little pickier. Lately he only wants to eat pasta, shrimp, bell pepper (raw, I know weird huh) and bananas. Now when I say Munchkin eats these few things, he really eats them, which is good. We were told by the doctor to fatten him up, he has lost 3 lbs. in the past few months (of course that has nothing to do with how sick he has been constantly or the fact that my genetics tend to run on the very slim side, at least until you hit 20).
 
 
So for this week I am going to make Shrimp Fried Rice. I have been scouring the internet a tasty recipe that will combine at least one other ingredient he will eat. I came across this great recipe on Simply Recipes that not only had a recipe with veggies the little man usually likes but also some great tips as well.
 
 
image from SimplyRecipes (& pinned on my Pinterest page)
 
Now doesn't that look delicious?! I am not usually a huge shrimp fan, but when I was pregnant I couldn't get enough of it! Now I know why, Little Munchkin can't get enough of it, at least with this dinner I know at least one night this week he will be eating!
 
 
So what will be on your dinner plate this week? Craving anything in particular?


2 comments:

  1. I make shrimp fried rice all the time. I think it's a pretty healthy meal for us. I use a wok to make it too. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I would love a Wok but we just don't have the space to store it in our tiny kitchen or know if we would use it enough to invest in a good one.

      Delete