Saturday, February 22, 2014

After Dark Review of Hard as it Gets by Laura Kaye

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Tall, dark, and lethal...

Trouble just walked into Nicholas Rixey's tattoo parlor. Becca Merritt is warm, sexy, wholesome--pure temptation to a very jaded Nick. He's left his military life behind to become co-owner of Hard Ink Tattoo, but Becca is his ex-commander's daughter. Loyalty won't let him turn her away. Lust has plenty to do with it too.

With her brother presumed kidnapped, Becca needs Nick. She just wasn't expecting to want him so much. As their investigation turns into all-out war with an organized crime ring, only Nick can protect her. And only Becca can heal the scars no one else sees.

Desire is the easy part. Love is as hard as it gets. Good thing Nick is always up for a challenge.."


My Review: Why oh why do I post pone reading anything by Laura Kaye?! I always kick myself for waiting so long to read a book by her and this one was no different! I loved Becca and her connection with her brother (I am always a sucker for sister/brotherly love), not to mention her determination and toughness in the light of stressful situations. I admire this about anyone who works in the ER. I also liked Nick a lot, I can totally picture him in my mind (totally drool worthy I might add) and I have to say I liked how he held everything and one at arms length. The Sub-Characters added so much to the story, I love Jeremy & Jess, and of course the whole team. The only thing that kind of threw me is the amount of time they were able to spend in bed in light of what was going on and what they were preparing for, and I would have liked the mission at the end to have been a little longer and more action filled.
 
 
My Rating: I absolutely loved this book and can't wait for the next in the series to come out this next week! I give it a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment