Friday, January 31, 2014

Bedtime Story: If You Hold a Seed by Elly MacKay

 
Synopsis: "Something magical happens when you plant a dream with a seed. With plenty of love and patience, they can blossom into an extraordinary gift.
To be shared with those you love and those with big dreams, this book encourages us to never give up."


My Review: This is a cute story but if you are looking for the hidden message about feeding your own dreams to make them grow, you won't find it. If you read it the way a child is going to hear it, the story really just sounds like how to grow a tree over the years. The illustrations are a bit unusual, they seem to be multi layered with some things appearing fuzzy and others bright and crisp. It was an okay story for us, but if you want to give the message about dreams it should be made a little more clear for little minds.
 
My Rating: This book isn't on the top of my list to read to Munchkin often. I was hoping for a lot more to the story. Having to read into the symbolism is too difficult with a young kid in my opinion. I give it a rating of One Paw and a Stump Wag.
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment