Thursday, September 26, 2013

After Dark Review of the Rose of Shanhasson by Joely Sue Burkhart

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)


Synopsis: "Shannari is destined to unite the Green Lands.All she has to do is survive a battle with a barbarian, marry the barbarian, escape the very sexy barbarian and his elite warrior band, kill her former fiance,and make it home in one piece. The men in Shannari's life don't take no for an answer easily, and she's definitely worth fighting for. She doesn't believe in love with good reason--her last lover tried to kill her at a most inopportune time. It's a good thing she has fast reflexes, even when she's distracted. Now Rhaekhar has to convince her that his love is worth fighting for, and keep her alive while doing it."

My Review: Wow! Talk about strong female lead, Shannari can definitely take care of business, even if it isn't immedately. I have to say I loved this book, I couldn't put it down! I loved the characters so much and the setting is fantastic. I do have to admit that I am a little confused as to the customs of both the barbarians and the Green Landers. At times I was lost as to what exactly was going on, but so was the female lead, so it makes me believe the vagueness was intentional. There is a lot of blood sharing (but not vampires just as a custom of the Camps) and it might make some readers a bit uncomfortable.

My Rating: I really couldn't put this one down and had a hard time sleeping because the book was haunting me from the bedside stand.  I give it a rating of Four Paws and am immediately jumping into the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment