Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Review of Wyoming Tough by Diana Palmer

 
Synopsis: "A cowboy through and through, ranch owner Mallory Kirk knows what it means to put in a full day’s work. But does his new cowgirl? He has his doubts that Morie Brannt will be able to pull her own weight, even if the petite young woman does seem to have a lot of spirit.

As they spar over events at the ranch and a past that threatens their hopes for the future, sparks begin to fly, and Mallory can’t help but notice Morie in a new light. But is this tough Wyoming man ready to love?"


My Review: This was so, so for me. I enjoyed the storyline and idea and I loved some of the characters, but not all. Throughout the book the author repeated herself over and over and I couldn't quite tell if she thought the reader was too stupid to remember these backstory details about the characters or if she was trying to make a word count or if they were just missed during the editing process, either way it bothered me. Also, Morie was a fantastic character, she really shone and of course I loved her; however, Mallory her counterpart was an eh for me. He didn't seem to have much of a personality, for being a tough Wyoming cowboy, he was kind of a pushover. Unfortunately his brothers who were minor characters outshone him. All that said I still enjoyed the book and will read the other Wyoming books by Ms. Palmer.
 
My Rating: Some of it was a disappointment but it really suited my mood at the time for a quick fluff read.  I give it a rating of One Paw and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment