Friday, April 5, 2013

Bedtime Story: Hiccupotamus

Here is your Children's pick from the Spend My Money event in January!
 
Synopsis: "There was a hippopotamus who hiccupped quite-a-lotamus. And every time he got'emus . . . he'd fall upon his bottomus.

Calamity ensues when an elephant, a centipede, and

a rhinoceros try finding a cure for hippo's colossal case

of hiccups. Zenz's creativity shines through with

his use of colored pencil in this off-the-wall

read-aloud. HIC! HIC! HIC!"


My Review: Well I have mixed feelings about this book. It is a really cute concept and the story is cute how all the other animals try to help Calamity get rid of the hiccups, but it is a difficult one to read out loud with all the made up words. I don't see why it was necessary to add tamus at the end of every other word when you already have the added sound effect of the hiccups. With that said it is cute and the illustrations are adorable, maybe just making up your own story would work well. Munchkin did get the giggles when I hiccuped for him ;)
 
My Rating: This is a tough one for me to rate, I wanted to love it so bad but just couldn't get over the wording.  I give it a rating of Two Paws.
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment