Monday, November 26, 2012

Music Speaks Read-Along #8 - Punk Rock 101


 

Throughout November I will be doing a read along of Music Speaks an anthology of stories with music. I hope you will all participate.  Music, like books, can affect us in so many ways it only makes sense to have a book of music stories. I will be doing 2 stories a week, the first of which will be on Thursday. 

You can get your copy in ebook format on Amazon for $2.99 or in paperback format on Amazon for $6.99.  Sorry but its not on Barnes and Noble (I should have told you all to get it earlier because I downloaded it when it was free).

So please join me, if you aren't going to be reading along I would still love if you would stop by, I would love to hear how particular songs or artist have made an impact in your life!


Welcome to the next readalong of the month! This short story in the book is call Punk Rock 101 and is written by JD Mader.


In Punk Rock 101 we follow a character through their first gig and how it was a stressful disaster but addictive. Then on to more and bigger shows, fans, girls, fights, drugs, booze, and the rise and fall of the band.  He then attempts a new band but it doesn't work. He eventually gives up and goes back to playing and writing in his garage with a buddy, where it all began.


Its sometimes sad how something you love so much can grow and become bigger than you ever imagined. A hobby becomes more of a chore or job. Sometimes you need to take a step back and go back to the roots and rekindle the love. 

So have you ever come across something in your life that got away from you?


I have! Many of you know about my custom my little ponies.  I really loved the creative outlet that it gave me. I could make a simple childhood toy into amazing pieces of artwork.  I began selling and trading customs and eventually into taking commissions.  While I still enjoyed the creation, there was a lot of pressure for perfection and in a tight time limit.  I did end up getting burned out and had to stop, not only to prepare for Munchkin but also to get a break for me.  I am just now picking the ponies back up and am reminded why I loved it so much! I will just have to remember to pace myself and let my creativity guide my time frames.



Join me again on Thursday for Double-Edged Sword! Only 3 left!

No comments:

Post a Comment