Thursday, November 29, 2012

After Dark Review of Sacrifice in Stone by Patricia Mason

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
Synopsis: "In 1758 Britain, a blood curse imprisons soldier Garrick Lawson in the form of a marble statue as a sacrifice to bring prosperity to the Rushworth family. Fighting madness inside his stone prison, Garrick awaits a release that may never come. Over two centuries later, he hears a voice that makes him hunger for love as well as freedom.Mara, the Rushworth heiress, feels irresistibly drawn to the statue. She dreams of hungry kisses in the arms of a soldier with eyes the color of melting chocolate. When Mara discovers an antique journal, revealing her family's crime, she knows the man of her dreams awaits and she must risk the wrath of her devious uncle to free him. Using her blood, Mara brings Garrick to life and awakens his desire to claim her as his woman. But even as fiery passion burns between the lovers, the journal reveals that Garrick's freedom has a price...Mara's life"
 
 
My Review: This was a very unique paranormal romance idea, completely different from anything I have ever read before.  I would have loved to read more about the characters.  I think that Garrick has a very interesting story to tell us but never got the chance, and Mara also seems there is more to her.  I would have also liked to know what happens after the story ends. The sex scenes are quite steamy, but did sort of take over the storyline itself, so again I would have liked more meat to the story because there is so much more to be told.
 
 
My Rating: I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag. I give it a high rating because it was such a unique idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment