Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Reading List & Meet Me On Monday






Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!





What I Read Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

Impeccable Petunia Part 1 by Katie Christine
The Kitchen Witch by Annette Blair (After Dark)
The Sneetches and Other Stories by Dr. Seuss (Bedtime Story)
The First Zombies by Josh Atkins
Frost Kisses by Kailin Gow
Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss (Bedtime Story)


Currently Reading:
The Brotherhood of Piaxia by Michael Drakich - digital - on page 26 of 340
Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell - pb - on page 32 of 394



Next Books to be Read:

Liberty: A Lake Wobegon Novel by Garrison Keller- Mount TBR Challenge
Under Camelot's Banner by Sarah Zettel - Arthurian Legend Challenge
Soul of a Highlander by Melissa Mayhue - Mount TBR Challenge

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
Meet Me on Monday

So I found this fun little meme I thought would be great to add so people get to know me a little better (and discover my strange little quirks). Meet Me On Monday is hosted by Acting Balanced where 5 questions are posted each week for us to answer about ourselves and share with all of our readers.

Acting Balanced
 
And now for this weeks Questions:



1. What is your favorite movie quote or song lyric of all time?
                           Gosh I really couldn't pick, it varies all the time, especially with music!
2. If you had to choose a novel for a book club to read and discuss, which one would you pick?
                           I usually choose the books for my bookclub since no one else seems to want to, but I think my best pick would be the Island of Dr. Moreau by HG Wells. So many points of view could be discussed with that one, and its one of my favorites!
3. When was the last time you danced? What brought you to it?
                           Must have been at one of my friend's weddings last year, I don't get many other opportunities to dance and for some reason I can't seem to let loose enough to dance around my own house anymore.
4. Do you typically remember your dreams?
                          A good portion of them I do remember, that is where most of my writing ideas come from, but I am sure there are a lot that I forget.
 
Number 5 is for you all to answer . . . . Do you make music playlists for different things, like writing or chores?
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Wow, how is my vacation already over?! I got almost no reading done this last week :( and my list of things to do (well at least what is left of it - Niko ate a whole page LOL) still has so many things that haven't been crossed off yet!  At least my hubby was a little more successful in getting his to do list done! AC is fixed, the electrical work is finally done and the finishing touches on the bathroom are done! We just have to move some furniture around and then its time to work on the nursery!!
 
Well I guess I better get caught up here at the office so that I can get back to my reading!
 
Hope you all had a great week last week and have an even better one this week!

4 comments:

  1. I totally make playlists for music. I have too many on my iPod right now. I started creating a writing mood music one, and from there I'll note any that work well for certain novel ideas I have and put them in a separate playlist. I also have an anger mix to listen to when I'm in a bad mood. It makes me feel better. :P

    Things are picking up for you! What kind of plans do you have for the nursery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get me an Ipod, I just have cds, do you know how hard it is to make mix cds anymore?! LOL

      The nursery is going to be a stone blue color (that can grow up with little boy) and I am going to make all the art work to hang in the room (of course Dr. Seuss related). His curtains are dark green with a red rug, all able to grow with him instead of having to re decorate a million times :D

      Delete
  2. I've had Song of the Sparrow on my radar for ages. Last year I finally bought it but I haven't read it yet. Sheesh! It's in verse it probably wouldn't even take me that long to read but I still haven't done it. One day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it and will be posting the review some time in the next few days. You MUST read it!!! That's all I will say for now ;)

      Delete